CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Best Veggie Dip Ever!!


Once a month, I get together with several friends and we stamp/create greeting cards. It is a night I look forward to. A night when I get to be a grown up. All alone without kids or husbands, we chat, laugh, eat and have a blast! We take turns bringing things to eat for dinner or projects to work on. This was not my month to contribute to the food category, but, one of our newest members, Elaine, brought a really  awesome dip for vegetables. SO awesome, in fact, it caused me to eat cauliflower. Yes, you heard me. Cauliflower. The most detested of all vegetables in my world. It was amazing. SO amazing that I had to run out and get the ingredients to make a batch to share with my family for lunch. We pretended that we were vegetarians. I cut up an assortment of "exotic" veggies and then dared my kiddos to "conquer" them. And guess what... THEY DID!! I had my kids eating mushrooms, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. It was incredible. I seriously recommend you give this one a shot at your next shindig that requires vegetables. You won't regret it.

Vegetable Dip (Barefoot Contessa recipe)
shared by my new friend Elaine

8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
3/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (3 scallions)
1/4 chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Blend together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Add the other ingredients and combine well.


**I will mention that we used low fat cream cheese and fat free sour cream but the full fat mayonnaise, just so we wouldn't feel too fancy. ;-) I also couldn't find fresh dill so used about 2 tsp of dried dill instead. I don't have kosher salt and was too lazy to grind the pepper with our pepper mill so I just used the regular stuff. Didn't really make a noticeable difference so you can go right ahead and do the same thing when you make your batch, without any fear or hesitation. ;-)


1 comment:

  1. MMMM!!!! I love that dip too!

    hey it worked! I can comment again!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.